UPDATE 5/29: Under NC Executive Order 141, we have been allowed to reopen at a reduced capacity and with a number of new health requirements. We are currently only seeing existing, low risk clients unless you have a referral from our health care partners. Please call your therapist or our office to discuss these changes and to check our availability.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS WITHOUT A REFERRAL FROM A PARTNER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER AT THIS TIME. We anticipate accepting new clients when NC and Mecklenburg County enter Phase 3.
WHEN WILL YOU BE OPEN AGAIN?
So far it looks like massage therapy will be opening again as part of Phase 2 in North Carolina. Right now, that is set for May 22nd, which would put our office opening on May 25th. However, if the cases spike again, which is very likely, it may be delayed. This is the absolute earliest date we anticipate being able to see clients. This is NOT a guaranteed date. We ask you to not flood our office with calls at this time: we will be contacting people whose sessions were cancelled during shut down first.
Expect to see these new requirements for all sessions:
- Limited sessions, one therapist working per day,
- Longer times between sessions to allow cleaning and air circulation,
- New health checks before each appointment:
- pulse oximeters to check for “silent hypoxia” (no appointments if under 90% SpO2)
- thermometers (no appointments if over 100 F)
- Masks required for BOTH client and therapist. Yes, this means you.
- Pre session questions regarding risk factors (for your health and safety)
- Pre session questions regarding risk behaviors like masks and self quarantine (for therapists’ health and safety)
- Failure to comply with these safety checks will be considered a no-show appointment and you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee
- shorter appointment options may be available to comply (as much as possible) with 15 minute social distancing recommendations
For sanitation, we will be using the following measures:
- vinyl cover over the table and under all clients, cleaned with 10%+ bleach solution between clients
- vinyl headrests cleaned with 10%+ bleach solution between clients
- linens in a hot wash plus bleach between all sessions (linens are already required to be laundered between each use)
- masks laundered ina hot wash plus bleach between all uses
- cleaning of door handles, phones, desks, etc between all sessions with 10%+ bleach solution between clients
- no blankets except at specific request to reduce laundering load
- longer times between sessions to allow air circulation